Headlines News :
Home » » Drifting in the 2013 Scion FR-S on New Wide Open Throttle Episode

Drifting in the 2013 Scion FR-S on New Wide Open Throttle Episode

Written By admin on Saturday, March 16, 2013 | 3:37 PM

<!--leftside ends here
It is easily one of the coolest-looking maneuvers you can do in a vehicle, and it’s also one of the most misunderstood. While drifting might seem like a simple technique, it requires the type of mastery one can only appreciate if given the opportunity to attempt it.
Trust me; I’m speaking from firsthand experience.
WOT drift 2 300x165 imageDetermined to get a car sideways, I recently met up with professional drifting champion Ken Gushi for my first lesson on the delicate art of deliberate oversteer in a 2013 Scion FR-S. Although I had never underestimated the technicality involved, by the end of the day my already-established respect for professional drifters had doubled.
With Gushi as my coach, I learned the intricacies of what this craft demands, as I worked to execute the intensive car-control that drifting, by definition, requires.  Find out what happened on my first attempt at the track on this week’s episode of Wide Open Throttle.
–Jessi Lang


WOT drift 2 150x150 image
Ken Gushi drifting around track 150x150 image
WOT Drift 4 150x150 image

2013 Scion FR S front three quarters2 150x150 image
2013 Scion FR S rear three quarters1 150x150 image
2013 Scion FR S front three quarter in motion1 150x150 image


-->
Source : wot[dot]motortrend[dot]com
Share this article :

0 Comment:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !